Paypal is wrongly identifying my Revolut debit card with pound currency (GBP)

falconxp
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is wrongly identifying my Revolut debit card with pound currency (GBP) instead of euro and using currency exchange from euro to pound. This results in Paypal converting my euro payment to pounds and Revolut converting the pounds back to euro. I have to pay Paypal a fee for the currency exchange which is not necessary as my Revolut account is in Euros. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Panopamelix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @falconxp,

I just experienced the exact same problem today, by paying my Spotify Premium subscription with my Revolut card (euros) via Paypal.

I should have paid 14,99€, but it says 13,92 GBP (pounds) on my Paypal confirmation mail, and I was charged 15,64€ at the end.

Did you solve the issue ? If yes, how ?

Login to Me Too

kriss777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, did you get it sorted?

Login to Me Too

Panopamelix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kriss777, yes I did sort it out !

Here's a link to my answer to another post, about the same issue. The problem comes from Paypal automatically deciding when to do a currency conversion or not, without telling you...

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/PayPal-does-currency-conversion-when-not-necessary-and-...

You have to go in your payment settings in your Paypal account, automatic payments, Spotify (for example), click on the card to pay with, and finally click on "conversion options" and choose to do the conversion with Revolut.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.