Paypal instant transfer not showing up right away?

emmiekay
New Community Member

I pay the fee to transfer money from paypal to my debit card. Lately it will show up on my bank but then the next day, I get an overdraft fee yet the money is there?!? But it says the money on my account was not deposited yesterday, but today. I don't understand this? Sorry it may be confusing. I'll break it down like this.

Say on Friday, I deposit $100 from paypal to my debit card.

It shows on my available balance on my bank account right away.

Saturday, I check, and I have an overdraft fee, and it says I made the paypal deposit that day, not on Friday.

Contacted my bank, they said not their problem, it is paypal, and to stop using paypal. Smiley Mad

Any advice is appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emmiekay

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees#transfers

The times that PayPal says that transfers arrive is not guaranteed but estimated so don't put any stock in it if you need funds to be at a certain account to fulfill a payment on time or/and have it credited by your bank on time and it doesn't get there so always make allowances and not cut it too close.

All this stuff is automated and might not always be on the dot of when funds are to be credited.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.