Paypal in UAE not linked to bank account or credit card

MuhammedMostafa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone

I am a tourist here in Dubai. I made a paypal account with Dubai address to receive payments from an online job here. The problem is that I can't link my paypal to the bank account in my home country- Egypt. On the other hand, I can't open a bank account here as a tourist. 

My main question is that can I receive payments on my paypal account? Will paypal store the money? If so, can this money can be used to shop online?

Thank you

Mohamed

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @MuhammedMostafa,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! When opening a account with our service, PayPal asks you use the country you currently reside in. If your home country is Egypt, you would want to open an Egyptian account. I'd recommend closing your UAE account and reopening it in Egypt. However, we cannot guarantee our services while you are travelling abroad, so we would recommend opening an account with us once you are back home. In regards to any funds that may go into our current UAE account, you may not be able to access those funds since you do not have a way to withdraw them. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MuhammedMostafa
Contributor
Contributor
Dear @PayPal_JonK Thank you for your response. I have learnt recently that I can exchange the money in my paypal account in UAE with purchase invoices of certain amounts from LuLu hypermarket. I though to share it if someone finds it helpful. Thanks and regards, Mohamed
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MuhammedMostafa,

Thank you for your followup. Are you purchasing actual goods or is what you describe a money exchange? If it is a money exchange, I would highly recommend that you do not participate in the activity, as that would not be permitted by PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. I want to make sure that you're not accidentally doing something that could result in account limitation.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.