cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal illegally holding money

New Community Member

Re: Pay Pal illegally holding money

I think I will try another Merchant this is making me look bad so SOD OFF paypal

Contributor

Same happens to me and ive been selling on ebay for 5 years now but it only happens with high valued items but its still BS they can take their fees immediately but i have to wait for MY money im debating on not even selling much longer on ebay and using paypal anymore xD.

Contributor

I just sold a bluray for £7.. they took their cut and now the remaining £6+ is on hold. So it's not just high amounts being held. F*cking disgraceful. Paypal crooks through and through!

Esteemed Advisor

@ymo1965

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Keep your reasons why you need to do this. This isn't just for new accounts too... Ive had a paypal account for well over a decade and this has only just started happening to me. Not impressed!  I am shortly going to delete my paypal account. I'm totally sick of this behaviour. I'll use my CC/debit card if I need to to pay for things. Hopefully enough people do the same. This shady practice needs to stop pronto. 

Esteemed Advisor

@ymo1965

Well 'I' don't need to DO anything. I just thought you would like the info on the link.

As for deleting your paypal account then that matters to me not one jot as it doesn't affect me one iota.

So..........your welcome, so glad I gave up my time to post the link 'in case' it gave you info you were unaware of.

Esteemed Advisor

@JamesBlackCSE

What the heck does the U.S Secret Service have to do with paypal in the UK???

They have 0 authority over UK paypal.

Contributor

Re: Paypal illegally holding money

Yes!

They have just done this to my account now.

Bought a watch 1600 AUD - seller cancelled order when I have always had a PO BOX address.

Paypal locked my account because of this and apparent law that they say Australia Authories have asked for certain checks.

YOu have my account details - you take money ASAP on a whim but placing it back. Well! lets take our time as we do this to a few million people we can make some money on the interest.

I have up loaded my licence (picture, DOB, and etc.) but you want my address. So I give that as it is on the back of my licence.

Nope! not good enough for PAYPAL as you want my bills (I reside in a place which includes all bills) - YEs! that goes for council rates too.

You want my Tax Details? Hmmmmm FISHY????

No thank you.

Will dispute this as I have the emails from my ebay and will get this back..

Then  close my paypal account for good.

So i sold a playstation 4 game on E Bay 5 days ago 1st class signed for. The customer recieved the item positive feedback has been left both ways and the customer is very happy. Yet go to my paypal and funds are not available for 21 days. This is very inconvenient. And to be honest it puts alot of customers off the whole paypal thing. If anyone is reading this from the paypal team please can you stop this system as i believe you will be losing valuable customers.
Esteemed Advisor

@Sniper_8484

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
This is the new seller hold that every single seller on Ebay has or will go through.
Normally for the Ebay hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746