cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal illegally holding money

Esteemed Advisor

Re: Pay Pal illegally holding money

@ymo1965

Well 'I' don't need to DO anything. I just thought you would like the info on the link.

As for deleting your paypal account then that matters to me not one jot as it doesn't affect me one iota.

So..........your welcome, so glad I gave up my time to post the link 'in case' it gave you info you were unaware of.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Pay Pal illegally holding money

@JamesBlackCSE

What the heck does the U.S Secret Service have to do with paypal in the UK???

They have 0 authority over UK paypal.

Contributor

Re: Paypal illegally holding money

Yes!

They have just done this to my account now.

Bought a watch 1600 AUD - seller cancelled order when I have always had a PO BOX address.

Paypal locked my account because of this and apparent law that they say Australia Authories have asked for certain checks.

YOu have my account details - you take money ASAP on a whim but placing it back. Well! lets take our time as we do this to a few million people we can make some money on the interest.

I have up loaded my licence (picture, DOB, and etc.) but you want my address. So I give that as it is on the back of my licence.

Nope! not good enough for PAYPAL as you want my bills (I reside in a place which includes all bills) - YEs! that goes for council rates too.

You want my Tax Details? Hmmmmm FISHY????

No thank you.

Will dispute this as I have the emails from my ebay and will get this back..

Then  close my paypal account for good.

So i sold a playstation 4 game on E Bay 5 days ago 1st class signed for. The customer recieved the item positive feedback has been left both ways and the customer is very happy. Yet go to my paypal and funds are not available for 21 days. This is very inconvenient. And to be honest it puts alot of customers off the whole paypal thing. If anyone is reading this from the paypal team please can you stop this system as i believe you will be losing valuable customers.
Esteemed Advisor

@Sniper_8484

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
This is the new seller hold that every single seller on Ebay has or will go through.
Normally for the Ebay hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Many thanks.
Contributor

I had a cancelled order through eBay. The buyers money was placed on hold when he originally purchased the item. PayPal took money out of my bank account because I had my bank account as the preferred funding source (even though the buyer’s purchasing money was on hold). when the order was cancelled it took over two weeks before the buyer was refunded apparently from the funds that came out of my bank account and the original purchase money is yes still on hold. The buyer has confirmed with eBay that he received his funds back.. when I called PayPal they indicated that the buyer needed to confirm payment with PayPal. So I told the buyer the instructions the agent had told me and the buyer told me that he does not have a PayPal acct and paid eBay through his bank account. So now what? Oh also, as a side note there is at min a 45 min hold time every time you call eBay. I have literally put in over an 8hr workday with these idiots just being on hold. The agents refuse to give me a case number or any sort of follow up at all. I literally am losing my mind trying to deal with this. I have been nice, yelled, demanded, and bent over backwards trying to deal with all this. It has put every single bill I have behind. Any ideas on how to sue these jerks? - [ ]
Contributor

I have a similar situation. I sell on eBay sporadically since 2001. You can hardly call it a new seller. Everything I sell now is put on hold with a new seller excuse. Recent case got me to the boiling point. Sold an item. It was a local pick up by UPS arranged by a buyer. The buyer didn’t use PayPal to pay. He used credit card on eBay. The buyer got an item. He called PayPal and eBay and told them that everything is ok. He left me a good feedback. PayPal is holding my money indefinitely with some lame excuse of tracking number that don’t match. Every call is hours. When I asked for a supervisor I’m out on hold that is not answered for hours. Meanwhile they charged me more than $300 fees for this transaction I never received money for. I’d like to sue PayPal. Please advise if there is a lawsuit going on we can join. Also it’s the last time I’m selling with PayPal. I will hold until eBay releases their own payment system or switch to other platform. I’m DONE with these thieves.

Couldn't agree more. Have had account limited two times within 3 weeks even after social security card copy was sent in, and driver's license yet they still block multiple bank withdrawals for no reason and told me my bank denied it lol what a joke now im stuck waiting for days to try getting my own money from PayPal. Hello Amazon bye PayPal
Contributor

wIts obvious that Ebay-Paypal uses sellers as a bankomat, forcing them to anticipate the shipping cost and holding their money even when a positive feedback has been received, and it names that  " protection ". If you mail the customer service to explain the situation you will only find person instructed to provide ridicolous apologies ( in my case, after 126 - 100% positive feedback - they have answered me that I have didnt have enough  listing activities). I really do not know if this is an intectional fraud or not, I have just heard that many countries are preparing a class action against this praxis, and that a rising number of 100% positive feedback sellers are leaving ebay-paypal after having experienced that, moving to others platforms.

Its not difficult to forecast that if they will not drastically change direction the company will crash, as many others companies have done after being dominated by greed and stupidity.

Tags (2)