Paypal illegally holding money

sdfasf
Contributor
Contributor

Money paid by buyer's on ebay have been put on hold. I sold 4 items - all from an old computer, at once. 3 of those have been unduly put on hold. This has made it so I'm unable to complete the transaction and send out the items. Reading here it seems like it's a total crap-shoot if they'll even release the money after everything has been sent and positive feedback has received. I'm not a new seller and I've never really had any problems or complaints.

This seems like an illegal, and outright gross attempt to hustle members of this service. I am honestly surprised that paypal hasn't been sued to the ground with these shark tactics, and ebay moreso with their complete anti-competition.

What is the best thing to do here, as a seller? Contact the buyer and tell _them_ to speak to paypal, as they've locked their money away?

Attempt to cancel the order completely? As people have suggested here, the best thing to do to move forward is to move over to Amazon. If I cancel the order I assume that Paypal will have no choice but to refund the money back. They'll no longer be able to hide behind the idea they're protecting anyone.

Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
78 REPLIES 78

PaulJean1
Contributor
Contributor
So here we are on the same complaint going back to 2012 . isn't it about time afterall it's only been 8 yrs with the same problem raising its head that ebapaypal hasnt resolved .. I'm on Pending for everything I sell is it worth buying more etc my ebay's been open since 2017 and sellers since 2019 I dont sell a lot but it has 100% positive feedback .. I could have a mass buyer infusion and sell everything on auction yet how could I deliver them with pending on everything ( yet ebay and PayPal help themselves via my credit card and bank account over fees on items sold etc) . How can you deliver when buyer pays shipping and Ebaypaypal collects interest on the buyers money on pending yet you cant even free up the shipping charges I can smell the illegalities a mile away yet they keep ignoring those who cant afford Courts and suing . So whoever decides to sue this unscrupulous duo count me in ...
Login to Me Too

Chrisghrobot
Contributor
Contributor
So stupid because they even put your shipping money on hold so I gotta pay the shipping with your own money🤦🏿‍♂️
Login to Me Too

GravityKnight
Contributor
Contributor

Absolute nonsense.... Same story here, member of paypal and ebay for as long as they have been around. 100% positive feedback. I sold an expensive item a couple days ago and bam, my money is on hold. Contacted ebay first.. NOT their hold, they told me to contact Paypal.

Contacted paypal, told I have to have the seller confirm receipt of the item. WHY would I need or want to do this? Why is my money at the mercy of an honest/dishonest buyer??!! Why would I want them to know the money is on hold!!? What if the buyer never claims receipt of the item, what if they dispute the tracking info?.. what if they claim they don't want the item, and return a box of dog sh%t back to me???... how would I ever prove to paypal I didn't receive the item I sold back and instead got something worthless.. tracking info doesn't show what was inside. It doesn't prove anything.

Think of how many ways the seller can get **bleep** with this policy. Too much money to take all these risks.. 

No help from Paypal's worthless "customer service" 

I make 10-20 transactions a month involving paypal...  I will now do everything possible to take my money elsewhere. They don't give a da%$ what we say, but money always talks! Only way to get their attention.

Login to Me Too

PL1611
Contributor
Contributor
Class Action Law Suit???
Login to Me Too

tranwong

That is often the only route in which to force the hand of a large company.

Login to Me Too

PL1611
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve manufactured all of the product, paid for all of the shipping costs, settled any and all disputes and they are telling me I have to wait for my monies for 180 days. I’m going to be seeking Legal action. We need 20+ people to get things rolling. Please let me know if would like to help. Thank You!!
Login to Me Too

Jssujon
Contributor
Contributor
File an FTC complaint
Login to Me Too

I havent sold anything on ebay for a few years, and when i did recently it held my money. Even though i have 270 stars on ebay and technically an established seller and buyer. It was fine the way it was i dont see any reason to hold money if a transaction has gone through on a trusted account. The annoying thing is that there is no guidance on how to unfreeze your money. when you open up paypal it just states its held. Can anyone help?
Login to Me Too

Zoe39
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal holding money for 180 days is illegal please sign our petition if you have been wronged by PayPal so we can get something done about their shoddy behaviour [removed]

Login to Me Too

MarBarOMG
Contributor
Contributor
Where is the petition where I can sign? I’ve been charged by EBay for the sale but have not received a penny since sale 20 days ago. PayPal won’t even respond!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.