cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal illegally holding money

Contributor

Re: Paypal illegally holding money

Why odd? My reason to stop using PayPal for selling and charging my customers is I couldn’t withdraw money which been sent to me through PayPal for several days (not from eBay).I never had this problem with for example bank transfer.Thats all, why I stooped to use EBay for selling ,see above.
Esteemed Advisor

@Mrgeekbear 

Your reason for not using paypal is up to you, i just found it odd that you choose to post in the middle of a thread dated 2017.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Esteemed Advisor

@Ines728 

Paid by paypal?  🤣 Feel free to suggest it to the mods though, that would be real cool....   😀

Paypal gives you SOME buyer protection and the onus is on all of us to risk assess our own transactions.

I would NOT have been scammed by a Chinese site as I would use due diligence to research BEFORE i paid out my good money.

Sorry you did not do the same and so choose to have a go at me instead.

I have probably saved more folks from scammers than you have had hot dinners but sadly i can't save folks from themselves when they buy from chinese scam sites.

Whether you stop using paypal matters not one jot to me BUT as a buyer I would not use a seller that did not offer it as i like their buyer protection.

But then i check out WHO i buy from first.

And I couldn't care less whether you want my opinion or not as personally I couldn't care less about yours.  🤣

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Pay Pal illegally holding money

US Secret Services, <removed>

Call the Secret Service

Field Office locator:

https://www.secretservice.gov/contact/field-offices/

For my area the following information will yield positive results. If your locatl Agency does not seem interested call the Cincinnati Office. They knock sparks out of the bottoms of companies like Pay Pal. They are located within a block of the IRS main East Coast Office. Cincinnati is a special place that sinks deep thick fangs in to companies that do what Pay Pal does.

1. <removed>
  2. <removed>
  3. <removed>

Pay Pal decided to hold $1,000 for the next 21 days. My customer and friend is in Houston, TX. He contracted me to build some web services that will aid in the disaster relief. He is a licensed business and I am a licesed business. We both have Pay Pal Business accounts. For my safety they will hold the payment for 3 weeks in a high yield interest account where they can profit from the blocking of the money transfer.

I am finished with this <removed> cabal of crooks. I only accept Bitcoins. I can transact $50,000 worth of Bitcoins in seconds for $1.99 at Coinbase.com. or  I can use my QT Bitcoin Node on my computer and it is FREE. Money clears instantly. No claw backs, no middle man. I can spend my Bitcoins at Over stock .com. I can even buy a NEW car at Over Stock .com with Bitcoins.

Report them to the Secret Service. Use Bitcoins for all payments. Leave 1999 once and for all.

Tags (1)
Contributor

One thing is sure,paypal CC are abolute liars and their system is stupid!

My buyer collected in person. We have signed a bill of sale and i have provided the copy of that to CC.

They told me to set system to item processed status and than money will be released within 8 days.

Of course it didn't happen!

These people are NOT protecting sellers on some occasion neither sellers nor buyers!

They protect only PAYPAL!!!

This was my first and LAST selling involvig these dishonest people.

Naturally they have taken off their fees before putting MY money on hold...tell tale about these crooks!

New Community Member

I think I will try another Merchant this is making me look bad so SOD OFF paypal

Contributor

Same happens to me and ive been selling on ebay for 5 years now but it only happens with high valued items but its still BS they can take their fees immediately but i have to wait for MY money im debating on not even selling much longer on ebay and using paypal anymore xD.

Contributor

I just sold a bluray for £7.. they took their cut and now the remaining £6+ is on hold. So it's not just high amounts being held. **bleep** disgraceful. Paypal crooks through and through!

Esteemed Advisor

@ymo1965

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Contributor

Keep your reasons why you need to do this. This isn't just for new accounts too... Ive had a paypal account for well over a decade and this has only just started happening to me. Not impressed!  I am shortly going to delete my paypal account. I'm totally sick of this behaviour. I'll use my CC/debit card if I need to to pay for things. Hopefully enough people do the same. This shady practice needs to stop pronto.