Paypal holds my money

J23Hans
Contributor
Contributor

I am a private Ebay seller from 2012. Over 160 positive transactions, never had any issues. Never had any transactions held by Paypal (perhaps apart from the first one, ages ago in 2012... For all those years I have been living in UK. I have recently moved to Poland. Because there is no option to change the country on PP, I have done what Paypal is advising - I have closed UK Paypal account and reopened a Polish Paypal account. Now, both old and new accounts are linked with Ebay. Both are on the same email address and personal details (apart from the address of course). I have sold an item, nothing expensive a £20 old router.

Both Ebay and Paypal surly know, that I am the same guy. It didn't stop them from holding my money. It's not like I am going to go bankrupt without £20, it is just bloody annoying!

I don't have to tell you what happens when you try to contact PP. You get an automated reply. If you answer to it, you eventually get a response,

but the response I got is pretty much : "sorry dude, we know it is you but we will still treat you like we have never heard of you before, and you can go and **bleep** yourself if you don't like it."

What annoys me even more is that I have sent the item with a tracking number. The item is in UK, undelivered waiting for a collection from a local post office.

Now, it's not my freaking fault that the dude I have sold the item to wasn't at home when the parcel arrived and can't be asked to collect it.

My £20 is still on hold... I have never said a bad word about PP before but this is just so out of order. I am glad to know that there are new payments methods coming to EBay.

Now this is how PP is rewarding me for being honest and following their T&C. I could keep my UK account and use it and would not have those issues, but I have done what they ask for and this is the price for it. My advice to users is not to tell them when you change the country as they will simply **bleep** you up!

Cheers PP!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J23Hans 

Reasons why you may have returned to a payment hold possibly are >>>

1. New seller.
2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.
3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.
4. Recent buyer disputes.
5. Selling on a different email address / ebay i.d. or paypal account.
6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

If its none of those then your best bet is to contact Ebay OR Paypal customer services (dependent on who's hold has been applied) to ascertain why.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

J23Hans
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

Same email address, same Ebay account. Paypal reopened in a different country with the same email. THERE IS NO OPTION TO CHANGE A COUNTRY.

Paypal won't let you change the country, they advice you to close and reopen account and than they act like they don't know you and hold your money, that is the thing! You are better of by breaking t&c and not letting them know about address/country change.

I AM BEING PUNISHED FOR GIVING THE CORRECT INFORMATION AND FOLLOWING THEIR RULES.

As I have mentioned in the original post I did contact them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J23Hans 

Yes i know you can't change country but re-read by post in bold above, you may have the same email address but its a NEW paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

J23Hans
Contributor
Contributor

I understand it's technically a new account. And that's the whole thing. They force you to close an account and open a new one if you change the country.

Having all the data and tools to verify that I am the same guy they prefer to treat it like a new account so they have an excuse to hold my funds and that is not cool, is it? That is why I say that users are far better of by ignoring t&c and keeping the account despite moving abroad. If you close it and reopen in a different location you are **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J23Hans 

Unfortunately as paypal is country specific you would not be able to use another countries paypal account.

Paypal varies country to country and the services it offers is dependent on what the banks / government of that country allow them to offer.

Also the paypal account you have has to have an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within the country you are now living in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

J23Hans
Contributor
Contributor

Are you on their payroll? I have UK account. I could have used British PP for years to sell on Ebay UK and it would work fine. I was honest - I got punished.

Why are you protecting them so much?! You work for them aren't you? Paypal is Orwellian company holding people's funds to do a short term investments and will find any excuse to hold the money. So please don't give me that blah blah blah story mate. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J23Hans 

Oh how original, i work for paypal  🤣

I am not defending them I AM TELLING YOU HOW IT WORKS.

Paypal IS country specific and if you have an international account it won't work in the country you are now living.

So why is telling you that defending paypal????????????/

I would love to just tell you that your paypal would work in every country in the world but that is not true so i gave you the correct information ...........so your welcome.  

You would NOT have been able to use a UK paypal account IN POLAND on ebay uk.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.