Paypal hold on funds from sold ebay item that's delivered and recieved positive feedback.

_Ky
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, I sold an item on ebay that's been delivered and I've recieved positive feedback from the buyer but Paypal has placed a hold on the funds. I'm a trusted seler with 100% positive feedback and I sell multiple items each month. I've sold items since that and those funds have been released, so I'm a bit confused why this one is on hold. I'm currently at 24 hours in the queue for Paypal to respond to my message so figured I'd ask here in the meantime. Also, I just contacted eBay and they said it's all been released on their side and they advised they've sent the standard request to Paypal which should have triggered the funds release. I realise Paypal must be busy with everything that's happening right now so my presumption is that they'll eventually get to it. Thoughts? Thanks in advance, stay safe everyone. Regards, Ky.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_Ky 

PayPal could have placed their own hold on it if their security/risk model perceives its as a high risk transaction. 

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status.

Note: Funds are released 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided in the transaction.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

1. Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm Receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

If buyer does not take action to confirm you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release the funds if there is no tracking info. Otherwise, contact customer service and ask them to manually confirm delivery and release funds should there be a delay in confirming tracking info by PayPal. Please allow 24/48 hrs for request to process:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_Ky 

PayPal could have placed their own hold on it if their security/risk model perceives its as a high risk transaction. 

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status.

Note: Funds are released 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided in the transaction.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

1. Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm Receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

If buyer does not take action to confirm you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release the funds if there is no tracking info. Otherwise, contact customer service and ask them to manually confirm delivery and release funds should there be a delay in confirming tracking info by PayPal. Please allow 24/48 hrs for request to process:

1. Log on.

Login to Me Too

_Ky
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply Sharpiemaker and apologies for replying to my message instead of yours,

I should have included that I uploaded tracking information to both ebay and PayPal when I sent the item which lists the item as delivered on Ebay and the Australia Post tracking website, just not on PayPal.

Also I'm hesitant to contact the buyer and ask them to go to through the trouble of confirming the delivery through their PayPal. I don't want to make them to think it's their fault and would be complicated if they aren't savvy to the process.

Regards,

Ky.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_Ky 

Then contact PayPal, if you can get through, to have them manually confirm delivery and release funds sooner. Or, just wait 21 days for PayPal to release it automatically.

(Response time may be longer due to Covid-19 and reduced staff.)

1. Log on.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (AU): https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

Twitter (AU): @AskPayPalAU

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.