Paypal has my money and will not give it to me!!!!!

lgggrg
Contributor
Contributor

In March when the shipping companies were taking weeks to ship items that were not PPE related, I had some delays in shipping (for my ebay customers) - which I continually updated my customers on the status of shipping- but some wanted refunds. No problem. Well...Paypal didn't like that I had to refund some customers so they put a permanent hold on my account. I have almost $7,000 sitting in my account and I have 2 employees that I have to pay. They have had my account closed for 2 months and they will not answer any of my questions through email/messaging. They just give me the standard boiler plate replies. I have been an excellent customer for 10 years and they have no right to keep my my money. *I spoke with ebay yesterday and the person I spoke with said they are getting a lot of complaints about paypal. I used to pay my vendors through paypal and I even have a loan with them. I will not be doing any more business with this company. AND why is there NO ONE who can answer their phones? Yes, we are dealing with a Pandemic but can any PayPal calls be re-routed to their employees working from home? Does anyone want to join a class-action lawsuit??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lgggrg 

If its a permanent hold ie you are banned from using paypal again then normally Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lgggrg 

If its a permanent hold ie you are banned from using paypal again then normally Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.