Paypal has a debt collection after me!!

1998baby
New Community Member

Ok so PayPal has sent a debt collection after me! I’m recieving non stop emails and stuff. So a long time ago, my friend lent me money using her dads credit card. I asked “did you ask your dad if you can use his credit card”? She said “yes” so she proceeded to send me the money. Once I received it, she took it back, meaning I didn’t have it in my account for more than 5 mins. her dad found out and now I’m in trouble for it. He made a case against me saying that I owe all this money and now the debt collectors keep contacting me, i never spent the money or anything ! Like I said she took it back within 5 mins , and then she gave it to another friend meaning I never basically had the money, who ever the friend is that she gave it to has it. NOT ME! Paypal needs to go figure out what other friend has that money beacause I don’t , It’s been long gone out of my hands! What can i do to get this off of me? Because I don’t feel like it’s mt responsibility nor is it fair, her dad only seen that it was sent to me , he should of seen that it was sent back and then sent to someone else. So what can I do to get this off of me? So paypal and this debt collector can stop calling me, because I definitely don’t have that money to pay now nor do I think it’s mt fault nor is it fair! If anyone has any suggestions or anyone has dealt with this before , please let me know thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

CornMaze
Contributor
Contributor
Similar thing happening, wondering what you did and how it worked out?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.