Paypal does not respond and customer service is unreachable.

Muhammad_gawad
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Out of desperation, I am making a post here. I don't know what else to do.

Paypal prevents me from deleting a visa card that is lost and I got it canceled from the bank. Even though I have added another visa card from the same bank. The old visa card was set as preferred withdrawal card and now it's canceled, Paypal doesn't transfer my balance to me anymore at the first of each month. There's not an option to set the new visa card as the preferred withdrawal card!

I've sent Paypal numerous emails but they do not reply. I tried to contact them by telephone but either the number is unreachable, the call gets dropped or I get put on hold for hours. Calling a US number from abroad is not cheap and this is cost me a lot of money.

I don't know how to proceed. I have bills that need to be paid and I can only do that through my Paypal account. I pay Paypal a lot of money in fees for their service. I never expected that they would behave like this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Muhammad_gawad

Try this although it may be slightly different in your country but I do this to change my preferred card.

Go and click on settings ie the cog icon next to log out > then select payments in the blue band at the top of that page > scroll down to preferred way to pay > online purchases > change > then put a dot next to your new card.

You should then get the option to remove the old card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.