Paypal did not credit my account with my wire transfer that they received 8 days ago!

mickismonky
New Community Member

I wired 6000. HKD from my HSBC account to my paypal account on October 30, 2020. HSBC confirmed that the funds were received by Paypal on November 2, 2020. I have tried to call paypal every day since then. I am unable to speak with a person on the phone, and just get referred to their web site via recorded message. I have left written messages every day as well, and attached the actual wire transfer receipt from my HSBC bank! I was contact once 3 days ago by Sarah, from paypal. She said that wire transfers take 3-6 days to be credited to your account. If the transfer does not go through, the funds are returned to the bank, and the refund take 3-6 days. It has been 9 days, and still I my paypal account has not been credited with my own money!!! HSBC traced the transfer, and confirmed that the funds were in fact RECEIVED by paypal on November 2, 2020. WHERE IS MY MONEY??? Why isn't paypal able to trace the wire transfer, and credit my account with my own money??? Why am I not getting a return phone call, or come kind of acknowledgement that they are trying to resolve this issue, and get my money back to me??? I have been a loyal customer of paypal for many years. It has been my most trusted way to pay for purchases, bills, and transfer monies between accounts. I am extremely disappointed, and frankly angry about the horrible way in which I'm being treated. I expect, and demand that paypal lives up to reputation, and handles this discrepancy immediately. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.