Paypal charging my bank to restore my negative balance?

v1nc3f

Hi,

My Paypal balance is negative since a few days now. I've got a transfer from my bank to the Paypal account pending and it's not transfered yet. Two days ago, I got a refund which went through my paypal account so instead of going in my bank account, it went in my negative balance to try to restore it. The amount wasn't enough though so my paypal is still negative -10.26$. Yesterday they tried to charge my bank account this exact amount (to restore my balance I suppose) and it went through. Today, I checked my Paypal and it's still -10.26$. So basically, they took my money to restore my negative balance and it hasn't changed anything with my negative balance. 

Is there some type of delay? 

Was it even to restore my balance?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@v1nc3f 

Transfers to paypal via bank transfer are NOT instant. They can take up to a week.

That is why when you pay a seller paypal CREDIT that seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to get to them.

Funds leave your bank account after a few hours up to a few days BUT go via ACH in batches and so are very slow transfering.

So because you started to transfer funds and they hadn't completed yet, paypal tried themselves, so you now have 2 payments transfering.

The first one that arrives will clear your neg balance and any funds left over + the second one to arrive will be added as a credit to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

v1nc3f

@kernowlass Will I be able to transfer back the leftover funds?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@v1nc3f 

if you have credited clear funds in your paypal balance then just click on transfer > withdraw funds and send them back to your bank account.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-withdraw-money-to-my-local-bank-account-faq1189...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.