Paypal balance is negative but money has been requested sucessfully from my bank account

Jay_nguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I got a priblem with the negative balance in my Paypal account.

Last week I purchased an item and paid with Paypal, I didn’t know that there was insufficient fund in the bank account I used for the purchase. Paypal sent money to the seller, then requested money from my bank account.

I then got an email from Paypal saying the request was failed and they will attempt it after 5 days. So I transfered money to the bank account and just letted Paypal do its job. Today I checked transaction history in my bank account and saw that the money have been requested successfully, but my Paypal balance is still negative now.

I contacted Paypal notifying the issue but they answered something different. Please advise me what I should do.

Many thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jay_nguyen 

The funds may have left your bank account yesterday but that does not mean that paypal have received them yet.

It takes 5-7 days to transfer as paypal use the slowest CHEAPEST transfer option.

It as to go via the Automated Clearing House in 'batches'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jay_nguyen 

As you said in your post earlier, paypal credited the seller for you.

That is normally what they do when you pay for an item, then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account to paypal to reimburse themselves.

So as you have 'added' the funds yourself, then you have to take the wait for them to transfer through to paypal.

Takes 3-5 business days in your country as per link below.

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-from-my-confirme...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jay_nguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I meant in transaction history of bank account, my money was removed yesterday to send to Paypal, but Paypal does not reset my negative balance, intead they ask me to add money again when I tried to contact them.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jay_nguyen 

The funds may have left your bank account yesterday but that does not mean that paypal have received them yet.

It takes 5-7 days to transfer as paypal use the slowest CHEAPEST transfer option.

It as to go via the Automated Clearing House in 'batches'.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.