Paypal Holding over $4,000 for a transaction that had nothing to do with Ebay

CraigBullock
Contributor
Contributor

I have a subscription to Zoho Books where Paypal is one of the integrated payment partners.  I have had a Paypal account through my business for quite some time.  I had a customer who had an invoice that was past due on some work my company had performed for them.  There were not products or services rendered in the transaction.  They purchased the items upfront and I sent one of my technicians 1200 miles to work for 7 days in order to get the job completed.  The customer stated that the check was in the mail.  I hadn't received the check for three weeks from the time they had sent the check.  Both myself and the customer made the assumption that the check was either severely delayed or it was lost in the mail, therefore I went into Zoho Books and requested that they pay it online via ACH through Paypal as I needed the money to pay my technician and of course for my own business reasons.  The customer paid the invoice as soon as they receive the link.  Automatically Paypal released $5,000 to be immediately available and the rest of the money was put "On Hold" for 21 days.  Everything I have looked at states that I need to provide a shipping label for the items shipped to the customer.  What are you to do when I didn't ship anything?  This has been nothing short of a nightmare.  Wondering if anyone else has had this type of experience?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.