Paypal Direct debit bug causing duplicate debit with no quick solution

Athiq07
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I purchased an item on the 24th of November for $500 and the initial direct debit did not go through due to insufficient funds. I noticed this and logged into PayPal account which suggested that I offset the negative balance by paying the $500 which I did the very next day. Last night paypal has again re-processed the earlier missed direct debit leaving my account is overdrawn status. I called the customer service this morning only to be told that the payment made for offsetting the negative balance will only reflect in PayPal credit by tomorrow or by Monday. Why do I have to have duplicate debit in my account for that much of time? Also even if it hits my PayPal credit I am going to have to wait another couple of days before it can come back to my bank account. Can they not reverse the payment immediately on account of this being a bug in their direct debit system? Is there any other channel I can use to get this fixed quickly? Thanks Athique
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.