Payments

diddy1960
Contributor
Contributor

I just sold an item using PayPal for the first time. My account says that the money was received with a "Pending' note on it. The guy wants to come and collect the item immediately. Can he then withdraw the payment at any time?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @diddy1960,

Thank you for your post! If you click on the transaction details, there will be one of two things. It will either say that the payment was made by eCheck and has not yet cleared so you should wait to deliver the item until it has cleared, or it will say that the payment is held pending proof of delivery and you can deliver the item.

Something to note however is that hand-delivered items are not eligible for Seller Protection, and if the buyer claims that the item was not delivered, you will be unable to prove that delivery was made through the means that PayPal accepts. It is important to know and understand the coverage to allow you to make an informed decision about your risk before you proceed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @diddy1960,

Thank you for your post! If you click on the transaction details, there will be one of two things. It will either say that the payment was made by eCheck and has not yet cleared so you should wait to deliver the item until it has cleared, or it will say that the payment is held pending proof of delivery and you can deliver the item.

Something to note however is that hand-delivered items are not eligible for Seller Protection, and if the buyer claims that the item was not delivered, you will be unable to prove that delivery was made through the means that PayPal accepts. It is important to know and understand the coverage to allow you to make an informed decision about your risk before you proceed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.