Payments to paypal

Teddyornot
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, I had a payment returned via DD by my bank at the start of the month (due to unexpected bill I didn’t have enough to cover a payment until the following day) my bank then later made the full payment once I was paid but my PayPal balance is still saying I owe money to bring my balance up? The payment went out of my bank account on the 5th December but my paypal account is still saying I owe money to bring my balance up to zero.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teddyornot 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

However if you have a negative balance that is awaiting clearance paypal do not credit your balance upfront (as you already owe them the money), so its you that takes the wait this time. 

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option. 
When it clears your negative balance should resolve.   😊

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teddyornot 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

However if you have a negative balance that is awaiting clearance paypal do not credit your balance upfront (as you already owe them the money), so its you that takes the wait this time. 

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option. 
When it clears your negative balance should resolve.   😊

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Teddyornot
Contributor
Contributor
That’s brilliant thank you. I was just confused as to why the payment had been taken but wasn’t showing as cleared. Thanks for your help 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.