Payments on hold

troublemaker8
New Community Member

My last two payment from customers have been put on temporary hold.  This has never happened before and I have been with paypal for years..this is the message:  To comply with government regulations, PayPal is required to review certain transactions. This payment is currently being reviewed and we will complete this process within 72 hours. This review only involves this transaction and does not affect the use of your PayPal account for other transactions.

Anyone have this happening and why?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@troublemaker8 

Routine transaction review, a formality as all transactions are subject to review. It also could be that the amount of payment is unusual based on the activity of your account, allow the time requested and as soon PayPal has completed review, it shall be released to you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@troublemaker8 

Routine transaction review, a formality as all transactions are subject to review. It also could be that the amount of payment is unusual based on the activity of your account, allow the time requested and as soon PayPal has completed review, it shall be released to you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

muhammad_31
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, sharpiemarker! I still have the same issue, my payment is on hold and I can't send any payment to my buyers now, they said it takes 72hours, but It's almost  6days to go, I have sent email to PayPal customer support three times but didn't get any feedback. Every time a computer generated message came. Please check the screenshot of the first email.

Screenshot_58.png

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@muhammad_31 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shfik
New Community Member

I"am new with PayPal, My payment is on hold since 11 days and I'm trying to contact any one in PayPal i couldn't as there is no customer service. i need to understand why my Payment on hold. i went through all the automated answers in help disk and its not clear enough for me.

Login to Me Too

Ipcy32
New Community Member
Same problem Here but only on ebay for the pas 5 months only can buy cheap stuff now i shop on amazon cuz ebay dont get my paypal or creditcards alway i get charge but my money get back to my card after 5 days To comply with government regulations, PayPal is required to review certain transactions. The payment you sent is currently being reviewed and we will complete this process within 72 hours. This review only involves this transaction and does not affect the use of your PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

resikc
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been put on hold since Oct 2019 despite multiple emails to customer service that I am ready to upload remaining documents in response to Paypal's requirement since March 20 2020. Hence, i still cannot withdraw the money from the account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.