Payments on hold and no verification emails being sent

javylab
New Community Member

I have 4 payments on hold right now. I've been using PayPal for about a month to charge customers for our service. My account is older than that, as I use PayPal to pay one of my employees. At first, transactions would process without a problem. Then, out of nowhere, I started receiving payments and it said something about a 21 day hold, my most recent received payment says 22 day hold.

I clicked through the steps to "Get My Money" and it says a verification email will be sent to the customer and the funds will be released within 7 days. The 7th day is Friday, but, none of my customers are receiving the verification email. I even have one customer that I have known for years and built a relationship with that gave me the username and password to his email because he is old and couldn't find the verification email. Nothing. Not a single one of my customers has received the so called verification email.

PayPal support over the phone is closed. I sent them several messages 7 hours ago and no response. No response from the Twitter team either.

This is horrible timing as I really need the money (with everything going on) and already provided the services, which costed me money to do.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi there my friend,
We really thank you so much for letting us know what happened. I'm sad that you are on that situation right now. For Goods and services transaction the 21day hold will alway be applied as part of the Purchase Protection program we have for Buyers online. In your case since your providing service the only option to have the funds release faster will be via Confirmation Receipt via your client PayPal account. They just need to follow this simple steps.
1. Login to their PayPal account
2. Go to Activity and Select the actual transaction.
3. Click on Confirm Receipt then Yes.
This will automatically release the funds for you right away. I'm glad to know that some of your clients are people you knew well. That means this will be much easier for you if that's the case. Stay safe my friend.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.