1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@serval2019 

SCAM.

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout. They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@serval2019 

Sorry are we supposed to guess a question?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

serval2019
Contributor
Contributor
respect I sold something to ebay and I got an e-mail that the money was released but I do not see it in the account I'm interested in whether I'm cheated or really paid
Login to Me Too

Swift_Agent
Contributor
Contributor
Was wondering. Why is my payment that was due 3 hours ago not coming through?
Login to Me Too

serval2019
Contributor
Contributor
Email is strange and there's a lot of scams Can I check the transaction through the number that I have in the email?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@serval2019 

Check this first............

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

serval2019
Contributor
Contributor
I checked Email is good
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@serval2019 

ok then is the transaction marked as paid in your 'my ebay' and did you get an Ebay email confirmation that you sold the item AND one that said the buyer had paid from paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

serval2019
Contributor
Contributor
Oh no The e bay is not confirmed payment the buyer confirmed to me by email and I got a email from "ONLINE_PAYMENT-SERVER"
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@serval2019 

May be a scam then, if you can give a rough idea of the text of the email i can confirm it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.