Payment

Kroman1
New Community Member
Hi, I sold an item and I got a message back that there was a 72 hour hold on the payment. I have not been paid for the item yet, and I am honoring if the buyers obligated to pay me. I have lost a few days because of this on the item and it is something that I need to so before Christmas .should I just relisted the item, or pursue payment?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kroman1

A 72 hour hold sounds like PayPal is reviewing the buyer's payment method before it can be deposited it into your PayPal account. It is up to you if you want to relist. If its beyond the 72 hours then relist. Just be sure to refund the delayed payment if its released by PayPal into your account and inform the buyer you are canceling the order.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kroman1

A 72 hour hold sounds like PayPal is reviewing the buyer's payment method before it can be deposited it into your PayPal account. It is up to you if you want to relist. If its beyond the 72 hours then relist. Just be sure to refund the delayed payment if its released by PayPal into your account and inform the buyer you are canceling the order.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.