Payment withheld

PeterScargill
Contributor
Contributor

DOes anyone know how to get past Paypal's automated nonsense? At Paypal's request, I recently opened a new account. Despite years of no-problems, it is apparently not their policy to accept joint bank account names - even though this was no problem for well over a decade.

So at their insistance I opened a NEW account (this one). I did an overseas sale and a bunch of other sales. For reasons beyond me they are holding onto the overseas sale payment (only) as I'm a new customer (I'm most definitely not new) even though I never ever had problems until they decided the joint account name was no good.

So armed with this NEW account, the're holding onto this one payment, even though the customer got their goods and emailed through Ebay that they are happy. This completion happened at the start of the week and yet I STILL don't have access to the funds - and every attempt to actually speak to somone produces an automated response, usually saying that they know people don't like waiting for an operator.  I have no use whatsoever for automated responses but that's all I sem to be able to get.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PeterScargill 

My bank account linked to paypal is joint but its not a problem.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
TO GET PASSED THE BOT, EITHER STAY QUIET OR SAY AGENT A FEW TIMES.

3. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1987

If you’re an established PayPal seller, but opened a new account, that account will be eligible for holds until a good history is established.

Not sure why you are getting it just for international transactions though  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.