Payment still pending

Louise821
Contributor
Contributor

I withdrew my money last Friday and it’s still not gone into my bank. I call I get told different stories, been promised it was going in on a certain day now it’s a technical issue but I withdrew £2.60 yesterday and it’s gone straight in today. Can I open some kind of dispute against PayPal or is there anyone I can contact higher than the people I speak to on the phone?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Louise821

No and no is the answer to both those questions really.

You could 'try' asking for a supervisor but whether they will do it or the answer will change no idea.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Louise821
Contributor
Contributor
I did that and got nowhere. Seems I’m not the only one going through it
Login to Me Too

Consumer-Watch
Contributor
Contributor

@Louise821 wrote:
I withdrew my money last Friday and it’s still not gone into my bank. I call I get told different stories, been promised it was going in on a certain day now it’s a technical issue but I withdrew £2.60 yesterday and it’s gone straight in today. Can I open some kind of dispute against PayPal or is there anyone I can contact higher than the people I speak to on the phone?

They do not care about you. You are one in millions who are in this situation, myself included.

View my thread https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/Fix-Your-Withdrawal-System-PayPal-UK/td-p/1653823/jump-... for more details.

Login to Me Too

Louise821
Contributor
Contributor
I’m so angry it’s £90 not just a couple of quid 😩😩 i used my money to cover an order thinking this one would go through quite quick so skint because of them. Got nowhere talking to them I asked to speak to a manager they said there is nobody above them x
Login to Me Too

Consumer-Watch
Contributor
Contributor

@Louise821 wrote:
I’m so angry it’s £90 not just a couple of quid 😩😩 i used my money to cover an order thinking this one would go through quite quick so skint because of them. Got nowhere talking to them I asked to speak to a manager they said there is nobody above them x

Sadly, that it is true, most of their processes are computer handled, only offline (those who do not deal with customer) departments, like the Irish who deal with limitations, have the power to make edits to accounts outside of the system's limits.

Mine is £92 and promised someone this cash, as 72 hours is normally the maximum wait. I have to now explain why to the person and they will think I am making it up.

Login to Me Too

Louise821
Contributor
Contributor
I have been given promises of it will go in the end of such and such a day and it hasn’t, yesterday I got told the latest the 15th well that’s no good when you have kids to look after and they are holding my shopping money. Must be some way To get hold of other departments or people higher up than the liars that keep answering the phones x
Login to Me Too

Consumer-Watch
Contributor
Contributor

@Louise821 wrote:
I have been given promises of it will go in the end of such and such a day and it hasn’t, yesterday I got told the latest the 15th well that’s no good when you have kids to look after and they are holding my shopping money. Must be some way To get hold of other departments or people higher up than the liars that keep answering the phones x

All they do is make promises... they cannot even backup what they advertise.

Instant Withdrawal > false... all new customers will have their withdrawals held between 4 and 10 times before they are instantly completed, even then with random holds every few withdrawals until you are a fully established customer. That is all good and well... if they were honest about that in the first place. There should be a clear section which states withdrawals will be subject to an additional hold time until you become established on the service.

They pretend it is a completely random security feature which can happen to any account, but is in fact targeted at the age and credibility of your account, both of which can be completely above board and you'll still face the holds each withdrawal until they decide otherwise.

Login to Me Too

Louise821
Contributor
Contributor
They told me a technical issue but managed to put £2.60 in today which i withdrew yesterday
Login to Me Too

Consumer-Watch
Contributor
Contributor

@Louise821 wrote:
They told me a technical issue but managed to put £2.60 in today which i withdrew yesterday

The issue is fixed, so any withdrawals made from Monday are fine. It is those made before Monday which are problematic.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.