Payment status is cleared but the payment is not credited.

socialmebooster
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm in need of clarification, I'm a seller of digital services and only accept PayPal payments thru recurring subscriptions.

I had some payments that were in "pending" status for a few days and then the status changed to cleared (not completed).

Since the status is cleared, the amount paid is still not credited to my balance. I find this whole scenario odd, as I do not accept CC or e-checks.

These are strictly PayPal to PayPal subscriptions and should not be subject to "pending". I have emailed support 3 times and have never got a reply (even though it is stated as 24hrs). These transactions do not appear in my reports or my balance but I have IPN and email that payment was made.

I hope someone has had a similar experience can shed some light, I'd be really grateful as it has been 3 weeks and still not credited.

Let me add that the subsequent payments from these clients did clear (completed) no problems

Gia

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MarcB1980
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. What does the sttus CLEARED mean?

Regards,

Marc

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @socialmebooster and @MarcB1980,

Thank you for your posts! It sounds like the payment was originally pending because it was an eCheck, and then it changed to cleared once the funds came from the buyer's bank account. If it is not yet part of your balance, it may be held due to delayed funds availability.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

socialmebooster
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia, thanks for your input.

The issue has been resolved by my persistence in calling and speaking to 3 customer service agents.

I did not accept any echecks or had any delayed fun availability issues.

It was a  payment system glitch that PayPal finally admitted to it in an email to me and credited it.

This is exactly why every merchant should check their balance and payments do tally.

@MarcB1980, I would suggest that you meticulously check your transaction history and see if the cleared payments transactions are credited under some other transaction number. You need to do the math and add figures up matching with sales transactions work for the month. If you do not see anything, then call customer support and speak to an agent, don't give up until you get a satisfactory reply and resolution. 

Login to Me Too

socialmebooster
Contributor
Contributor

Just a to add to this:-The issue has been satisfactorily resolved for me

I had 15 transactions that were "missing balance" over 30 days and it took me 10 weeks to resolve. Twice being escalated to"technical" with no feedback after the call. It only got resolved when I insisted to not accept the flimsy excuses and quoted all the previous call support tickets numbers. Only then was escalated to " customer relations" and I did mention that I would escalate this to other regulatory bodies as I had all the printouts if I was not provided a resolution and a  reasonable cause.  It was resolved within 24 hours after that support call. Sadly even until today, there has been no reply to my support ticket/ email and this tread requesting assistance also only got traction recently after for something that happened in Nov.2018. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset about all this. It is just how big business goes.

Having said all that. I'm still a loyal user of PayPal and don't blame the customer service personnel as they were probably ignorant or under instruction not to reveal the glitch or technical issues the platform had back then. None the less, in the back of my mind, I do wonder how many merchants do realize if they were affected or that " missing balance" was ever returned.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @socialmebooster,

I'm very glad that the issue was found and rectified! Thank you for letting us know of the resolution!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.