Payment sent to me as goods and services

rabah1991
Contributor
Contributor

A friend of mine send money to me using goods and services instead of friends and family. Since i didn't use this service before and tried to google how it works but i am somehow confused, i would appreciate if you can answer this questios:

1) When he sends money, when exactly should i receive an email ? He sent it about 10 hours ago and i didn't receive anything yet.

2) In the receipt that he showed me, it written "Payment received  Jan 1 2019", what exactly does that mean ?

3) I read that it takes 21 days to receive money, should i do anything during this period or just wait ??

4) He sent me the transaction id, and the status of money is still pending. Is there anyway to track the transaction instead of keeping asking him about it ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rabah1991

When payment was sent as goods and services, that means you're supposed to ship goods to customer. New sellers are subject to the 21 day hold to ensure goods are shipped out and confirmed as delivered with tracking number and there are no problems reported by the buyer, then the funds are released.

That is what the 21 day hold purpose is for.  

It is not recommend to use goods and services payment type for friends and family (personal payments) because PayPal will hold the funds. But for this case, since the money has already been sent, click "Add Tracking" and select "Order Processed" from the Order Status menu. Then tell the sender to confirm the transaction on their end to release the money. Or you can just wait. 

So always instruct the sender to send money as friend if it's a personal payment.

Conversely, if you are making a purchase or selling something make sure the person send the money as goods and service.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rabah1991
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. Could you tell me where can i find this Order Status menu, because i can't find anything related to it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.