Payment reversal

Cisco310
Hey you guys I’m a promoter at a night club in Los Angeles, Just last night some guy wanted to buy tickets to the night club I promote at and he decided to pay me via PayPal so I agreed and he sent it through family and friends as a personal payment. At first everything was going well I had the money in my account but then later tonight I got an email say there reviewing the payment due to a payment reversal and now I don’t know what to do I’m kind of lost can anyone help?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cisco310

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and can lead to your Paypal account being limited.
A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (if they funded that Paypal payment via their credit card) and you would probably lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.