Payment received but no change in Balance

Salteador
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

On the 2nd of November I received a courtesy refund from eBay for a faulty item that I had purchased there (Hence I find it strange that it would show up on my Summary as Payment Received, seeing as I didn't sell anything).

So on my Summary tab, I can clearly see an entry that states that I received a payment, from eBay, of + 4,96 USD.

However, my Paypal Balance has shown nothing but 0,00 EUR, seeing as I never topped up my paypal account with a single cent, but was obviously expecting to see the 4,96 USD on my balance.

Even if I switch my primary currency to USD, my balance still shows 0,00 USD.

I've contacted Paypal but, after a long waiting period, received nothing but a genereic answer apologizing for the delayed reply with no information regarding my problem.

So, can anyone shed some light as to why this might be happening?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Salteador 

A courtesy refund is eBay paying you out of their pocket, separate from original transaction. I have no idea why it is not reflected in your balance since the transaction appears in your PayPal account and not in a guest PayPal account.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Salteador
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

So do you think I'll get a reply if I post on Paypal's facebook page?

Login to Me Too

Salteador
Contributor
Contributor

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.