Payment preferences

Masoud_Ahmadi
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have 2 bank accounts in my PayPal account.I have a problem with my setting in Payment Preferences.my online purchase is ok and set but I have a hard problem with sending money settings, here the Paypal says: Sending money to friends and family will default to your bank or balance.And when I want to send money to somebody, that is fix only with one of my accounts and I’m unable to choose one that. How can I change this setting? Thanks
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Masoud_Ahmadi 

From your computer:

1. Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
  2. Enter the name, email address or mobile number to whom you are sending money, then click Next.
  3. Enter the amount you want to send.
  4. Select either "Paying for an item or service" or "Sending to a friend."
  5. Select your shipping address if you're paying for an item or service.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Select how you want to pay, then click Next.
  8. Review the information on the screen and click Send Payments Now.

When you get to #7, is it not letting you select the bank account you want? Is the bank account a German bank account? Or, try going to your Wallet page and click the bank account you want to use on the left side and click "Set As Preferred" on the right side and try the steps above again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Masoud_Ahmadi
Contributor
Contributor

hi and so thanks for your prompt reply.

I did this process before, last year. Both of my accounts are German bank accounts.one of them credit and another is debit.and the debit is preferred. But as I have told when I want to send money to somebody Paypay method is locked only on an account and I can't not at all change it.
warmly.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Masoud_Ahmadi,

I'm sorry to hear that the bank account you set as preferred is not the one being offered or used for the transaction. If the other account is not being presented at all, it is likely getting declined for the payment you're making. That can happen for a few reasons. If this persists, you can contact customer service to allow a representative to take a look at what's happening.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

You may wish to choose phone as a contact method to allow for real-time troubleshooting.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.