Payment pending client does not have nor will they create a PayPal account

Captivelady
Contributor
Contributor
I provided a virtual service & sent my client an invoice. First I was told I wasnt recieving the payment due to my bank account being verified. I have completed that. Now payment is still pending. I was told from PayPal representative that the only way to recieve payment would be to have my client create an account and verify it. My client refuses to do business with PayPal. So will I ever get my payment or should I embarrass myself and inconvenience my client and I by refunding the payment and processing through square or quickbooks? I would understand a hold if it was a substantial payment but we are talking $50. I would have had multiple transactions processed through PayPal at this point but after that one and the money still being on hold with no help from customer service I discontinued use immediately for all future payments. Simply because I have no idea if I would recieve them. Also everytime I try to tell them it was a virtual service their website has technical difficulties. I also mentioned they could contact my client for proof the transaction was successful. However he will not create a PayPal account. Any advice?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @Captivelady,

Oh no! To clarify, it sounds like you are being affected by a payment hold. This type of hold can be released by your buyer confirming their payment, but it's not necessary for it to be released. You can find more information on these holds here. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Captivelady
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for offering help. My client contacted PayPal directly and was told that all they had to do was simply create a PayPal account and verify services. My client refuses to do business with PayPal. I am beginning to understand why. I have yet to hear back from PayPal directly even though I have tried to reach out multiple times via emails and their messaging service. After 2 phone call being a complete waste of my time I gave up perusing that avenue of communication. I have still not recieved the payment but I have completely discontinued all payment processing or any usage of their services.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.