Payment on hold

tapovan
New Community Member

Hi there,

After trying to call the customer service (which is canceled due to covid apparently, operators are unable to take calls from their home, strange to say the least) I contacted the message center also, got a note that they will get back to me within few hours. That was almost 2 days ago. So this dissatisfactory customer service left me with the last option to ask the community about what is the solution to my problem.

I have received 3000 USD on the 21st April which was put on hold. I verified the transaction immediately (since I sell trainings and courses online I do not ship a physical item so I had to clarify things) and provided all the information requested by Paypal. The restriction was lifted the next day, the 22nd, and it shows on my account that the amount will be released within 7 days of verification. Today is the 30th but the money is still on hold. Could anyone tell me why that is, and when the money would be released? Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tapovan 

Was it verified / confirmed by your buyer then?

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Also no paypal customer services can't normally work from home as they would need your account details in front of them on their puters to answer your queries, would you like your personal account information in someones house and relying on their puter security etc?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.