Payment on hold

Damian007
Contributor
Contributor
Hi . I sold a pc to a guy who came around to my house . He paid via PayPal and left with the goods . So why on earth has the payment been put on hold . He has the goods and I have to wait . I find that quite odd . Can I get some clarification. Because it’s telling me that the funds will be released on the 26th April wtf
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Damian007 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for an item that was collected then no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/funds-availability

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

t2c
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
I’m in the same position. Sold one item of my child’s school clothing for $30 and seems the buyer had her PayPal account hacked previously and as such was alerted by PayPal and now that money on hold for 180 days (6 months) and my account suspended till then. Unbelievable! I can’t even phone them as the phone number I have for my country is saying out of service and I’ve been trying for 6 weeks now.
Login to Me Too

Damian007
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah that is ridiculously. Quite angry atm as they have my item but I cannot access my funds . What a joke . I also have proof of the sale . Scratching my head atm
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Damian007 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for an item that was collected then no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/funds-availability

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.