Payment on hold

LO53WEY
I received a payment from a eBay buyer but it’s on hold and I don’t understand why. I have been using PayPal for years and have never had this problem before so I don’t know what to do. I can’t post the item until the payment is cleared but the buyer wants me to post, help please
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @LO53WEY,

Thank you for your post, and I'm so sorry for any frustration this has caused you. There are two different kinds of "holds" that can occur if you are an active seller that is not currently eligible for Funds Availability. The first kind of hold is a 24 to 48 hour hold that is placed just so we can verify with the buyer that they authorized the transaction. On this kind of hold, we will notify you to not ship the item until a review of the transaction is complete. This helps to protect you from potentially unauthorized financial use and chargebacks. 

The second kind of hold you may be experiencing is a one off payment hold. This kind of hold is placed on a transaction that may have additional risk associated. Additional risk associated could be a payment amount that is differing from what is normally purchased or a buyer logging into their PayPal account and completing a purchase with an unknown device. The hold assists both the buyer and the seller by verifying that the buyer is not potentially fraudulent and ensuring the seller is providing the goods or services purchased and among other reasons. These holds are not necessarily placed due to a risk found in your PayPal account; however, due to PayPal's strict privacy policy, we are unable to disclose information regarding another party's account. One off payment holds can occur without warning if our system detects additional risk associated with a transaction. For more information, please visit our Help Center:

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.