Payment on hold

aindriu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sold a games console this morning in a car park to an individual, he examined the PS4 console and was happy with its condition.  He paid me on the spot via PayPal.  I got a notification on my phone that I got a payment and I was happy to let him go with it.  Later I saw a pending payment but didn't know what it meant.  Now to speed the 21 day hold up, I said I posted it to him via courier even though it was hand delivered to him.  All he needs to do is confirm he got the console but he didn't do it all day.  I tried contacting him but he hasn't replied to my messages.

What happens if he doesn't respond to the PayPal delivery confirmation, or opens a dispute and says he never got the console?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aindriu 

If the buyer doesn't confirm receipt then you'll have to wait the full 21 days for PayPal to release the funds. When buyer confirms receipt on a transaction, they are also asked to give up dispute rights. It could be the buyer hasn't gotten around to confirming or doesn't want to give up their dispute rights. With a transaction that was a pick up in person/hand delivered, they can't file a Not Received claim but can still file Not As Described claim. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aindriu 

If the buyer doesn't confirm receipt then you'll have to wait the full 21 days for PayPal to release the funds. When buyer confirms receipt on a transaction, they are also asked to give up dispute rights. It could be the buyer hasn't gotten around to confirming or doesn't want to give up their dispute rights. With a transaction that was a pick up in person/hand delivered, they can't file a Not Received claim but can still file Not As Described claim. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

aindriu
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I guess I should have made him sign a document saying he collected the console.

Login to Me Too

New Community Member
I would like my funds release of $275.00 released immediately to Joyce Mwangi I have received my product I can't get my invoice from her until the funds are released to her and I can't wait 21 days I will have to pay to much money get my goods out of Barbados port of entry I need this release asap
Login to Me Too

Verone1
I made an order at Victoria secret the order never went through but my account was still charged 3times the amount of the order why did that happen and how long do I have to wait for my money?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.