Payment on hold

Anu-dhiman
Contributor
Contributor
My client send me few money to help me for a urgent situation. But PayPal held it and not releasing it. Even I have updated the status of the payment. What should I do to get sooner?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

RaZz0R
New Community Member

same situation - however mine was knowledge transfer and says I have to wait till may 18th! 

I want my account closed! I will find a better way - this holding of funds it totally unacceptable!

Login to Me Too

Fareen1
New Community Member

PayPal has kept my money on reserves 30000 since Aug 2020 for no reason! My account has been totally active and clean! I’m closing my account

Login to Me Too

Skyler33
Contributor
Contributor
Its ridicules. I have had my account for years And I sometimes sell things related to my hobbies on Facebook I have since 2013 and suddenly the last 3 transactions are all on hold And in PayPal jail Its crazy and makes no sense. Its not unusual activity and all the transactions are under $50 But I actually need my money
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Anu-dhiman, @RaZz0R, @Fareen1 and @Skyler33. Thanks for taking the time to add your comments to the PayPal Community Forum.

While PayPal wants the service to be as convenient as possible, we also want the online marketplace to be as safe as possible, and we want to be able to manage the risks involved in operating as a worldwide Money Services Business. All these things and more are helped by PayPal's Funds Availability Policy (https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/faq1987) and many other policies and procedures.

PayPal appreciates your kind understanding that absolutely no negative connotation is intended by the application of any policy or procedure. Please also check out https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/faq3743 for information on how money might be moved to an Available Balance sooner.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.