Payment on hold

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm new to paypal, I've read all about the payment on hold nonsense that paypal implements, so I purchased a digital art, of course being digital I got it instantly, i sent the money to the seller, and having read all about holding money I clicked on "confirm receipt". That was supposed to be the solution but the seller still has his money on hold it's the second day running, I thought after confirming receipt he'll instantly be able to use his funds please help, and nobody should post a link showing me how to release funds oraised reasons why funds are held, i know all of this. I need a real solution

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20231024am 

Funds are not always released ''earlier'' but of course he will get paid, he has already been paid, the hold is between him an and paypal as he is a new seller.

So if he can't provide trackable proof of delivery and the confirm link doesn't work then funds will be released at 21 days (the most they hold the funds under the new seller hold).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20231024am 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As your seller has received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

You may have the option on your account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If you confirm this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Since I've clicked confirm it shouldnt take 21 days right

Login to Me Too

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  I have already clicked confirm receipt but he still hasn't gotten the money released, im asking how long it will take for the payment to be released since I've already confirmed receipt, it sucks for me to be able to use his product while he hasn't gotten payment, as I said I HAVE ALREADY CLICKED CONFIRM RECEIPT AND HE STILL HASN'T GOTTEN HIS MONEY, how long will it take 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20231024am 

did you read the bit in BOLD at the end of my post? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  this is not always guaranteed?, thanks for that, but itstill even scarier now, I mean I've clicked confirm but that doesn't mean he gets his money, that doesn't make sense. A again thank you I really appreciate your help, I know you don't work for paypal. They really need to get to this forum more often

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20231024am 

Funds are not always released ''earlier'' but of course he will get paid, he has already been paid, the hold is between him an and paypal as he is a new seller.

So if he can't provide trackable proof of delivery and the confirm link doesn't work then funds will be released at 21 days (the most they hold the funds under the new seller hold).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your patience.

Login to Me Too

JDNades17
New Community Member
How can I tell if a payment made to an eBay seller is on hold? My seller’s actions and responses are concerning and wondering best way to proceed. My item finally shipped after multiple messages. Each response said only: Want a refund? Seller accused of rescinding a buyers winning bid on auction.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.