Payment on hold???

Clawson1307
Contributor
Contributor
Today (18/1/2020) I have bought an item on eBay through PayPal and the payment is on hold. I have done some reading about this happening and it explains about releasing the funds to the seller once the buyer has confirmed receipt and condition of the item. Since the item was local to me (and was up on eBay as collection) I have already collected the item. The buyers eBay says it’s collected but mine says it’s been dispatched so I can’t send confirmation of receipt and condition so that payment is released to them. Can anyone advise what to do since I want to make sure the payment is made asap so it doesn’t look back on my feedback score as a buyer. Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clawson1307 

Any payment hold is between the seller and paypal and nothing really to do with you.

IF you get an email re releasing the funds then by all means agree to it.

And how can it reflect on your feedback???? Buyers on Ebay can ONLY get positive feedback, sellers can't leave neg or neutral feedback for buyers.

So all your seller can do is leave you positive OR no feedback at all.   

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Clawson1307
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for replying so quickly! I wondered if the problem was with my payment going through that’s all (I have recently changed banks so had to change my payment details in PayPal). Also, I didn’t realise sellers could only leave positive feedback for buyers..... I will contact the seller and let them know to try PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.