Payment on hold! (pending)

zarkicd
Contributor
Contributor

I borrowed my friend some cash last week and he said that he'll return the same amout next week via paypal, the money hase been sent to me but is now on hold for 3 days and counting. I dont know how can i release the money and what sould i do for money to be released. I'v talked to my friend about this problem and he also doesnt know what is going on. Can somebody help or explain the situation.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zarkicd 

Friend may have sent you a commercial payment. Click the transaction and click "Add Tracking" and select "Order Processed" and ask friend to "confirm receipt" on their end to release funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zarkicd 

Friend may have sent you a commercial payment. Click the transaction and click "Add Tracking" and select "Order Processed" and ask friend to "confirm receipt" on their end to release funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

erosrein
Contributor
Contributor

hi.... i tried this... will this release funds immediately? thank you in advance for your response

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi erosrein,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you marked your payment as "shipped" or "processed" the funds should typically be released within 21 days from the date of payment, provide there are no issues with the transactions such as disputes, claims or chargebacks.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

jocarhal
New Community Member

I am new to PayPal and I don't know what to do. I want to try how it works. My cousin was able to send me money for the services that I provided to her mom. I received an email from PAYPAL that the money was on hold and I can claim the money within 21 days. Why is it that its taking me so long to withdraw the money?  It will be my first time to receive the money. I need your feedback about this. Thank you

Login to Me Too

lmishel
Contributor
Contributor

I’m in the position  and this is frustrating 

Login to Me Too

Cindyjoy_
Contributor
Contributor
I have marked my order as shipped and the buyer has confirmed receipt and even left me 5 star fees back in Depop. I still haven’t received my payment and it’s been on hold for nearly 4 weeks now. I can’t even get through to a representative on the phone to solve this issue. Can someone please notify me how to fix this
Login to Me Too

Deadboi7
Contributor
Contributor
hi. I have been waiting for 18 days. Did you receive the payment on the date they said you would? Thanks
Login to Me Too

SterClash

Hello i have a payment on hold and when i try to add the tracking info it says that there is a problem. Could you please explain?

Login to Me Too

Harshadnadaf
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue, I got payment on 19th Jan 2021 and suddenly got a email it's on hold for 21 days , today is 9 Feb 2021 , and I still didn't get my payment , it's been 21 days .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.