Payment on hold! (pending)

zarkicd
Contributor
Contributor

I borrowed my friend some cash last week and he said that he'll return the same amout next week via paypal, the money hase been sent to me but is now on hold for 3 days and counting. I dont know how can i release the money and what sould i do for money to be released. I'v talked to my friend about this problem and he also doesnt know what is going on. Can somebody help or explain the situation.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

graphicsvn

I have an invoice for 1 payment is on hold. I cannot contact the payer to confirm receipt of the goods. So in 21 days will the money be released?

Login to Me Too

Jeffnker0117
I am having the same problem and it's been since 2/29. It was supposed to be money for the phone bill but my friend never changed service to friends and family so there is a 21 day hold on it because I just started this account. I already updated tracking back on the 3rd to "order processed" and still nothing. My friend said she received email that delivery update was available but she doesnt have a paypal account and checked out as a guest so she cant confirm it!! Now what do I do to fix this. It's been 2 weeks and I dont want to wait another week for my $$$... PLEASEEEEE HELPPPPP!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @Jeffnker0117,

Thank you for taking the time to post your concern, and I'm sorry to hear that your payment is currently on hold. From the details mentioned in your message it doesn't sound like any tracking information can be provided, and if the sender does not have a PayPal account, the option to "confirm receipt" will not be available. With this in mind, the payment will be held for the full 21 days, and as soon as 21 days have passed, the amount will be made available. I understand this may not have been the answer you were hoping for, and apologize for the inconvenience this hold has caused. 

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

AdamAyala
New Community Member

I'm in the same boat, but I think this person just refunded my money to make a big show of it online. He took a screen grab and posted it to everyone. He has a Paypal account and I asked him to confirm, since he sent the refund as though he purchased a goods or service. He has not and the money still remains on hold. I think it's a really snakey thing for him to do since I've already been waiting for a refund since 2018. I hope it does post after 21 days. Given the state of the world right now, I would think that Paypal could be a little more accommodating. I sent a message and have been waiting for a response since 9:25 AM today. That's not good customer service even if there is a crisis. I don't use Paypal a lot. This experience is not winning me over. 

Login to Me Too

I need my money now to pay bills. 700.00. I didn't buy nothing or sell nothing. It was my money I took off my unemployment card to put in PayPal and now I'm **bleep**.for what???????????!
Login to Me Too

ohlucyyyyy
New Community Member

It is happening to me now. I have not received my money yet but the person sent it to me via friends and family option!!!

Login to Me Too

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker hi regarding the post, my friend also paid me for helping him fix stuff, so it was a service my money is on hold I've processed order and he has confirmed receipt, please how long will it take since I've followed your instruction it's been 3 days since he con firmed receipt

Login to Me Too

jmlm1217
New Community Member

Why when I'm adding track then confirm it always shows 

We're experiencing technical difficulties

We're sorry for the inconvenience. @sharpiemarker 

Login to Me Too

Amrkei
Contributor
Contributor

hello my dear i have the same issue i have sent amount to my friend and its show on hold for him for me showing sent what i can do ? to make him get his money ?

Login to Me Too

callihynes
New Community Member
Please help!! the only way i can get access to my money is if i put in shipping information, but i don’t have any because i don’t sell anything! the money is from family what do i do??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.