cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment on hold for "government regulations"

Contributor

Re: Payment on hold for "government regulations"

Just got hit with this BS myself. Tried to buy a batch of miniature paints. I'm guessing it's the one called gory red that tripped the filter.

Contributor

I know this post is old but I wanted to add: my payment was straight up declined when I tried to buy something from a Etsy seller based in Russia. It was just a silicone mold used for making resin jewelry. A craft item. I tried twice, it didn’t work until I went onto my computer, logged out of my Etsy and checked out as a guest on PayPal and my ally entered my card information. I was able to make the purchase but I don’t really understand why PayPal is restricting its users this way.
New Community Member

I've been on Paypal for 20 years, and eBay for 19.  I really dislike that eBay still uses Paypal to process credit cards... I got bit by this today by buying a Western Electric telephone with the title "Western Eletric Trimeline Rotery Dial Phone AS IS PARTS ONLY !!!!!"  Misspelled, yes.  But to cause me to have a pending payment to "protect" someone?  Hardly.  This is really, really, stupid, eBay and Paypal.

Contributor

I just got this too. All I ordered was about $20 of wax melts, the kind that go in a scent warmer, from an established artisanal candle and wax melt shop. Really hope it's not going to be cancelled. Am contacting the seller to make sure.
New Community Member

Just had this happen to me today. Bought 2 items "Smokey Blue Resin Pendant Alcohol Ink Epoxy Resin Jewelry" and "Lime Green Alcohol Ink Resin Crystal Pendant Petri Art Crystal Resin Pendant". Got a message from paypal to wait 72 hours. I called them and they could not say much other than "the system randomly checks transactions". There should be absolutely no reason that after 15 years of hassle-free transactions as buyer AND seller that I have to be put through this nonsense. What world are we living in that everything is deemed "suspicious"?