Payment on hold for no reason- service delivered client happy and paid but payment on hold

sairem_romen
New Community Member

I have delivered a service for IT integration, invoice my client from PayPal as the client requested that he wanted to pay by paypal. However, when the client paid my payment as he was happy with my service through LinkedIn. Now PayPal put my payment on hold. How is this possible, why are they holding my payment when they charge huge 77 USD as fee already as well. It's like very heavy trouble for me. I need money and work hard. And it has been 2 days now. I thought they would release it. Can somebody from PayPal support/community help me? help me

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sairem_romen 

https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-and-when-will-it-be-available-...

https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-my-paypal-payment-sooner-for-a-transaction-...

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status: Order Processed.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided in the transaction.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

1.  Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm Receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ridkurn
New Community Member

The second tips really helped me. Thank you so much

Login to Me Too

Gray003
Contributor
Contributor
Me and my mother has been trying this for 5 days now and she doesn't have the option to confirm that she received anything so they will release my money.
Login to Me Too

_Joseph_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Gray003 

If unable to find the the transaction on your PayPal account which means that you processed the transaction as a PayPal Guest and the seller has to wait 21 days before the funds will be release. If you find the transaction on your PayPal account there's no Confirm Receipt then try use a different browser like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer then follow below steps:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Gray003
Contributor
Contributor
We have tried that numerous times a day for 8 days now and no matter where, how or what we try or go to we always end up back at square 1 and regardless we never get any further than we was before we started.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.