Payment on hold - buyer refusing to confirm receipt of item

Jenlouhod
Contributor
Contributor
I personally delivered a very expensive large item to someone who was buying it off Facebook marketplace. He sent it me as a business payment rather than friends and family (I forgot to remind him) So it is now on hold as I have never received a business payment before. Since he got the item home and checked it he has sent me some pictures of some minor damage (which I was unaware of) and asked for a partial refund. We agreed on a partial refund but I obviously cannot refund the money as it is still on hold. I have contacted him a few times to ask him to verify with PayPal that he has got the item (I obviously have proof as I delivered it and he has sent me pictures of the unknown damage) I suspect he is just being awkward but I’m really stressed and anxious that the money will never come out of “on hold” if he never confirms ‘delivery’. I actually could cry with the stress and frustration of feeling like I’ve lost so much money. I have screenshots of proof and had suspected he would try and get some kind of refund (as his budget was lower than he paid for the item) I am in full agreement of a partial refund - We have sorted this privately not through PayPal. I’d just like some reassurance that it’s not going to be on hold forever as then I’ll be down an item that is worth up to £1,000 and not have the money. Also really frustrated I can’t seem to send an email or talk to a human being without calling! (The live chat was useless!) Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jenlouhod 

You are likely to get a permanent paypal ban if you keep using the friends/family option for selling goods.

Paypal do not like sellers evading paying their paypal fees.

As he paid using goods/services as he should have done then you can still part refund but it will come from your bank account and not the held funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jenlouhod
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve never sold anything before, only ever used for actual friends and family transferring money and me purchasing! It’s all sorted now though, thanks for the advice ☺️
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.