Payment on hold / Customer sent money eligible when it get's shipped

PavleVukajlovic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I'm new to PayPal so I need some help.

Customer sent me money for a pc game key  but he made so it needs shipment of the goods although goods are virtual. I got this message on payment : Eligible when you...Ship to the address on this page.Save your tracking or shipping info. 

I read that if goods don't need shipment, I need to mark order processed. So I did that, but customer says he didn't receive any prompt so he can confirm that he got the goods. My current status is OK to ship. I don't know what to do. I'm in fear that customer could scam me, although he sent the money.

It would be awesome if somebody could help me. Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PavleVukajlovic 

New seller hold, funds are released at 21 days, to get them released earlier you would need tracking.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PavleVukajlovic 

You have no paypal seller protection anyway for virtual / digital goods, you can sell them but at your own risk.

This is a high risk field for selling and accepting paypal, if you can use another safer method that would be best in my opinion.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PavleVukajlovic
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for explanation. Problem is that I already gave customer a cd key, but now I can't get the money for it since it needs shipment. I don't know if the customer made the mistake or he did it on purpose. As I understood, he can claim he didn't get the goods and get his money back. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PavleVukajlovic 

New seller hold, funds are released at 21 days, to get them released earlier you would need tracking.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PavleVukajlovic
Contributor
Contributor

Okay. Thank you very much! I guess I will just wait for it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.