Payment on hold, Customer doesn't have PayPal account

averyavery
Contributor
Contributor

The buyer doesn't have a Paypal account so she paid as a guest. Therefore, there is no way for her to confirm order/receipt. I have already changed the tracking info to "No need for shipping", still, the payment is on hold. Is there other way for the payment to be released?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@averyavery 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a ?service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

averyavery
Contributor
Contributor

I changed the shipping status into "Shipped" by MANUAL shipping. So, is it now possible for the payment to be released sooner than 21 days? Since they have sent me this notification. "You have recently updated your shipment information. You’ll get your money within 1 day of delivery."

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @averyavery,

I'm sorry to hear that your payment is currently on hold. The payment could be released before the 21 days are up if you provided valid tracking information using one of our approved shipping carriers. If you did, the funds will be released no sooner than 24 hours after the carrier confirms delivery. You can learn more about how to release a payment that is on hold here. I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.