Payment on Hold

Meclazine
Contributor
Contributor

After waiting for 6 months from my last transaction when PayPal put limitations on my account, they eventually removed the limitations and my account was made useable. How? I rang them up and told them I emailed them 5 months ago, and all the documents requested had been checked and approved. Someone simply forgot to do their job for 5 months.

1 month later. A customer purchased an item from our business. And PayPal immediately put the money ON HOLD.

Without cleared payment to my bank account, my business cannot release the item. The payment included all the shipping and insurance fees.

I have to get cleared funds to pay people for the goods, shipping, insurance and logistics. 

But PayPal has magically done it again. Every transaction through PayPal is a disaster.

How do I get the money back to refund the customer including the PayPal fee? Because I am not waiting for PayPal for another 6 months to fix their own incompetence. I wont have any customers left to run my business.

May as well just go outside PayPal from now on because this is a borderline disastrous platform for getting goods to customers.

Everyone is doing business in this transaction except PayPal. Customer is paying. Vendor is selling. PayPal have put the transaction on hold and made the deal impossible.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Meclazine,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in resolving your account's limitation. From what you describe, you're experiencing Funds Availability holds. The capital for fulfilling your orders cannot come directly from each payment. You will need to have the capability to fulfill an order prior to receiving the funds from that transaction. If a refund is to be issued, that too would need to be funded before the funds from the payment are made available.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Meclazine
Contributor
Contributor
No, we cannot spend oved $1,000 on freight without being paid. That is absurd. My customers are disappointed with PayPal as well. It is not for PayPal to tell us how to manage our business or payments. And we cannot release goods without cleared payment. We have suppliers who need to be paid upfront using the money that PayPal is trying to HOLD. If PayPal want people to leave and try other payment platforms, they are doing a fantastic job of pushing both their sellers or customers there.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.