Payment on Hold

donnabauzon
Contributor
Contributor
Why my money is On Hold? I’m new here at paypal. My boss sent me my wages thru paypal as a VA. Can someone explain to me why is this happening? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@donnabauzon 

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

As a new seller, can I access my funds earlier?

You may ask sender to confirm receipt to release funds after updating transaction:

How do I confirm receipt of an item?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@donnabauzon 

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

As a new seller, can I access my funds earlier?

You may ask sender to confirm receipt to release funds after updating transaction:

How do I confirm receipt of an item?

Login to Me Too

donnabauzon
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker But I'm not a seller. I'm employed as a Virtual Assistant. My boss sent me my wages thru paypal

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@donnabauzon 

You’re a seller. Anytime you receive money under goods and services payment type, you are selling. Whether it be selling something you own, freelancing, getting paid by an employer for services rendered...you are selling goods OR your services. No one is gonna pay you for nothing, you have to be selling something. 

Mark the transaction as “processed” for services. Then after 48 hrs, see if the sender has operation to “confirm receipt”.

Login to Me Too

donnabauzon
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker Where can I see this, Mark the transaction as “processed” for services?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.