Payment on Hold

VBarnett1
Contributor
Contributor

Asking this again, since I still don't have an answer. A friend sent me some funds to help with a personal situation, and the funds were held. Since it was sent via goods and services just to be safe, I could normally mark it as not needing shipping. However, there's option to mark any sort of shipment or processing at ALL. Only says it's pending/on hold and gives no other options. There's nothing on the senders end to confirm either. So why is it being held and how long WILL it be held? There's absolutely nothing to confirm to get my funds faster like normal and it's VERY unfair to hold them without even giving me any of the normal options. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VBarnett1 wrote:

Asking this again, since I still don't have an answer. A friend sent me some funds to help with a personal situation, and the funds were held. Since it was sent via goods and services just to be safe, I could normally mark it as not needing shipping. However, there's option to mark any sort of shipment or processing at ALL. Only says it's pending/on hold and gives no other options. There's nothing on the senders end to confirm either. So why is it being held and how long WILL it be held? There's absolutely nothing to confirm to get my funds faster like normal and it's VERY unfair to hold them without even giving me any of the normal options. 

Because it was send as goods and services payment and not a personal payment it is subject to the 21 day hold. If there is no  "add tracking" link to the payment to mark the status as order processed, you will need to wait the full 21 days. Or call PayPal customer service as there are no CS reps in the forums: Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@VBarnett1

why did your friend sent the money as a shipping or business related stuff?

could you not have done it like I do like a Normal person & do person to person Transfer?

it will look like this

Paypal<---to--->Paypal that is free to do why did you go such a (COMPLICATED ROUTE)?

let me know what you was trying to do & maybe I will give you a better solution but for now?

you & your friend? just red flagged each other because the activity? even I find it suspicious LOL 😂

Login to Me Too

VBarnett1
Contributor
Contributor

@Manny171 wrote:

@VBarnett1

why did your friend sent the money as a shipping or business related stuff?

could you not have done it like I do like a Normal person & do person to person Transfer?

it will look like this

Paypal<---to--->Paypal that is free to do why did you go such a (COMPLICATED ROUTE)?

let me know what you was trying to do & maybe I will give you a better solution but for now?

you & your friend? just red flagged each other because the activity? even I find it suspicious LOL 😂

I assume that's how it was sent, considering it got held. It could've just been held because they're not from the US, but I didn't know THAT could place a 21 day hold on it. Last time I had a payment do this, it was resolved in 72 hours, no issues. Now, after nearly 4 days, nothing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.