Payment on Hold and goods picked up

magpies2021
Contributor
Contributor

I've been paid via ebay for a phone I sold ... phone has been picked up and ebay status changed to that and Paypal status changed to that yet my funds are still on hold for 21 days!! why? How do I speed it up - this is ridiculous!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@magpies2021 

Personally I think you should never use Paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you 'may' lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.
With the new seller hold funds are held until tracking proves delivery + 1 day OR 21 days HOWEVER if its ebays hold and not paypals then if your buyer leaves feedback you may get the funds released more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

magpies2021
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the tip, I guess to late to do anything now but still not fair ... did manage to speak to someone at PayPal after being on hold for 1 hour and they said they send an email with a button for the buyer to click which signifies that they have accepted the goods and releases payment ... the email got sent but there was no such button!!!!

So, they take their fee out immediatelly yet hold the funds for 21 days ... how is this even allowed??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.