Payment of £200 received, but not credited into my account, has PayPal robbed me???

apecliffe86
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, my wife sent me £200.00 on the 3rd June 2020, via her PayPal account, into mine and the payment was as friends and family. I received all of the usual notifications you'd expect and so did she. Shortly after this payment was supposedly received, I logged in to my PayPal account, my recent activity showed the £200 payment as received, but my account balance didn't. At first I thought that PayPal may just be a little slow today, so left it an hour or two and checked it again, still no £200???, I had to make a payment of approx £82 and it took money from my bank account, despite me knowing that I had just received £200? several more payments were made and every time it was taking money via my bank, not the credited £200. I have tried PayPal's chat service, been thrown from one dismissive person to another, so has anyone else suffered as I have, and did they manage to get it resolved?

Also I have downloaded a running transaction history spreadsheet and the total amount shown as my current balance is, surprisingly, £200 more than my current balance which is missing that £200!

Thanks for any help you can provide

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@apecliffe86 

What does it say next to the transaction in your wifes Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date)
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option.
4. Payment or Sent.
5. Pending/Uncleared with a clearance date.
6. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

apecliffe86
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass The payment says "money received" I checked my account thoroughly incase it was "pending" and also the wife's to ensure that it had cleared her PayPal account, and it's 100% left her account, it's been received by mine, but the amount in question has not been credited.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@apecliffe86 

Very odd, but when i gave you the list of options above i meant to know what it said next to the transaction in your wifes account and not yours as that is where the clues normally lie.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

apecliffe86
Contributor
Contributor

It says "Money Sent" no exclamation marks, or anything out of the ordinary

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.